Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gran Torino

Gran Torino is an incredible drama starring Clint Eastwood and directed by the same. I had no expectations going into the theater because I had neither seen or read a thing on it. It had a great beginning - had you at the beginning and kept you on the edge of your seat until the end. Such a believable story of a Korean war vet in the early 1950's. During the years, Clint Eastwood's (Walt Kowalski's) neighborhood dynamics have changed and that is a lot for him to deal with - but deal with it he does! There aren't a lot of Americans with such heart and toughness left in this world. It made me long for more time with those people who are dying off. In life we meet many people who have developed a tough shell - and it reminded me that there are usually some events that caused that heart to harden a bit. That is a big part of what you find here. This movie will make you a Clint Eastwood fan, but beware, the language is what earns this film its R rating. I will not only remember the movie for a long long time but the name will never escape me! Gran Torino - now there was a car!
This movie review was written by Nell Lewis.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks mom for doing a review for the blog. You are the best and have a gift with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a few clips from the movie and I would definitely saw off of his grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the above comment was supposed to say "stay off his grass"

    ReplyDelete